Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Weightloss Story....

Hey guys! I am doing a post today on how I lost weight and kept it off. This is probably the #1 question I get asked by people when they see my pictures so I wanted to share my story with all of you! No, I’m not some fitness guru who does specific techniques or buys hundreds of dollars’ worth of products monthly to achieve my goals or to stay at a certain weight. I am just a real person who lost a significant amount of weight over a realistic period of time and has managed to keep it off. So here is my story from the beginning….

I have always struggled with my weight since I can remember. I was never really taught the importance of a balanced diet or portion control, and it was obvious. I was probably my heaviest in high school due to always eating out with friends and not having enough time to exercise due to a part time job and a boatload of homework. This period was a miserable time for me. I always dressed in layers and avoided swimming pools at all cost because the thought of wearing a bathing suit was my worst nightmare. 
I continued to be obese up until I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at the age of 20. I was a few months into being a newlywed and even though we weren’t thinking of conceiving at the time I knew I would eventually want to try. The thought of not being able to have a baby due to my weight was a reality check. I then started following a low glycemic diet and working out for 60 minutes at least 4 times a week. I never checked the scale and only went by the feel of my clothes. About 6 months later, I found out I was pregnant with Noah and also down 40 pounds. I was thrilled at my progress, but that was short lived as the thought of gaining all the weight back during pregnancy was a constant worry in the back of my mind. Luckily though, I only gained 20 lbs during my pregnancy and was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight within the first 2 weeks.
After Noah’s rough entrance into the world, I took a little break from making a real attempt to lose more weight. My goal was to focus on Noah and try and get through his first year whilst maintaining my progress. After his first year though I started making real attempts to try and reach my goal. I found this concept, easier said than done. I never realized how much my body would change after having a baby.  My stomach wasn’t nearly as toned as it was before, my thighs seemed like tree trunks, and I won’t even go into what breasts start looking like after breastfeeding.  I kept feeling this way for months after Noah’s first birthday. Then I was introduced to Isagenix. I know you probably think at this point I’m going to go on a huge spiel about my results with Isagenix and try to convince you to buy from me. This is far from the truth though. I’m not a good salesperson and I admit that very honestly; the thought of trying to take someone’s money so that it profits me just doesn’t give me a warm feeling. Plus I don’t like feeling responsible in case the product doesn’t work for you. I will tell you this though, Isagenix did work for me. I started out on a 30 day package and within that 30 days I noticed more energy and I was able to lose 15 pounds and 30 inches from my body.
You might be asking how I have been able to keep the weight off. At first I was able to lose weight with a low glycemic diet; this was the recommended diet I received when I was diagnosed with PCOS.  I then started Isagenix, which has helped me kickstart my weightloss again. I still do buy specific Isagenix products because of the success I have had with them. I am now venturing into keeping track of my macros and following an 80/20 rule; 80% healthy and 20% what I want (within reason ;P). I have been successful in keeping the weight off by regular exercise, portion size, and paying attention to what I am feeding my body. I am a big believe in eating a balanced diet and to me that includes not ridding myself of things that I love such as chocolate and pizza, this is part of the reason why I pay attention to my macros. I am able to fuel my body while realizing that it’s ok to indulge sometimes.
As of today I have lost 75 lbs all together through my weightloss journey. I am proud of the fact that I was able to continue to lose despite pregnancy and having PCOS, but I am still not where I want to be. As I continue to progress on my weightloss journey I am always learning new things and trying out new ways to push my body the way I couldn’t a few years ago.
Ending on that note, if anyone has  their weightloss story you want to share or any advice to give please comment below.
If you are interested in Isagenix please contact me on the right side of my page and I will get back with you J.

No comments:

Post a Comment